Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

A special day for one young man

A special day for one young man

Twenty-seven months after the birth of our first born son,John Michael, along came his sibling and our second, son, Mark Alan.It was on this special day,
Saturday, NOVEMBER 10, 1973.

 I was going to Rhode Island College, working on my Masters in Education. I actually carried this child to receive my degree
on June 10, 1973 .
It was Friday, November 9th about 5:30pm and I was getting sharp pangs. I felt I should check it out and headed to St Joseph's Hospital in Providence.
I was admitted because they felt I was ready to deliver as they timed me. I was prepped and went to the delivery room at 7:30pm and left the delivery room at 8pm with no child. I was told that the activity has ceased and it was as if the baby went to sleep. I was told to remain in the hospital but it was okay for my husband to return home until tomorrow. My DH went home to be with our 27mo son and said he would be back tomorrow morning or sooner if the Doctor called. I remember having a night of little activity, no labor pains until the next morning. Mark Alan was delivered at 10:30am. I was actually induced for the delivery to come quickly.

                Saturday, November 10, 1973 at 10:30am
                       MARK ALAN CORBETT was born.


7 pounds 9 oz 21 inches
As a Corbett ritual I call my children on the exact time they were born no matter where they are every year on their birthday. Therefore  at 10:30am I will sing "Happy Birthday.Mark Alan Corbett.
 




My two sons, my life, my new career, being a Mommy and loving it.
Motherhood is a precious journey that lasts a lifetimel
I thank you Mark for joining our company and becoming a member of the Corbett Team. Your Dad and I are so proud of all your accomplishments and your exemplary work ethics.

No comments: